Monday, June 20, 2011

Unreal Tournament 3

I was sceptical of Unreal at first, I thought it was just a bad Halo or Gears Knock off. But once I got my greasy palms on it my view changed. Unreal 3 was destined to be multiplayer from the get-go. Single player is just a glorified offline version of multiplayer facing you off against bots in team death-match or capture the flag.
Don't get me wrong even offline is fun but the game gets real amazing once you connect! First you have the ability to fully customize the looks of your character from three different groups of human, alien and uh.... alien, then you get to play your choice of game and there is a lot, death-match, capture the flag, warfare and team based games. I really like this game because all the weapons are already on the map and you could potentially pick up every weapon on the map and have them at all times, which allows you to be very versatile when taking on your opponents. The weapons in this game are also very interesting and different than other shooters out. There are bio grenade launchers, shotguns, RPG's, and even plasma rifles. Each weapon even has a secondary shot which allows you to use the weapon in unique ways to get your target.
My one qualm is that there is no rank system or stat tracker which I feel is a major selling point for an online multiplayer game. If online multiplayer style games are your thing then this is a must buy. I rate the game a 3 out of 5 for a nearly nonexistent single-player and a lack of rank system. Avoid this game if your not a fan of multi-player shooters.

No comments:

Post a Comment