Monday, June 20, 2011

Tomb Raider

Oh Tomb Raider how you fondly bring back memories of my first pixelated boob. The first two games in the series were epic and were my favorite games for some time. How could you go wrong? A beautiful girl with a pair of guns (pun intended) shooting at endangered animals and even extinct dinosaurs all the while looking for treasure! The perfect concoction for a game. But then you made a third, fourth, and then you lost count and started to give them fancy names like the Resident Evil movies... bad idea. Not only did my attention waiver but so did your sales. Now I did play Legend, and Underworld but they seemed lackluster, missing substance, just left me wanting more.
Now in 2011 we hear your going to do it again and bring her back revitalized. At first I was weary but after seeing the trailer I am all giddy with joy! Just the sight of her has me
all Nimbly-pimby. This new Lara seems to more based on survival and Lara herself rather than finding treasure, shooting extinct animals and hopefully no arch-nemesis with bat-like wings.
The only thing I'm afraid of is if crystal dynamics and square enix try to hard to be like the Uncharted franchise. Hopefully this newly reinvented Lara will have what it takes to bring the series back to the top. J-rads final verdict....Tomb Raider 2012 looks like a must buy!

No comments:

Post a Comment